- Medicinal Uses:Allergies, Alopecia/baldness, Asthma, Bronchitis, Circulation, Eyes/Vision, Libido, Longevity Tonics, Memory/Focus, Varicose Veins, Lungs, Spontaneous bruising, Piles, Vertigo, Headaches, Depression, Allergies
- Properties: Anti-inflammatory, Antidepressant, Antioxidant, Antitussive, Anxiety, Astringent, Cordial, Mental Clarity, Tonic, Vasodilator, Vermifuge
- Parts Used: Leaves and Nuts
- Preparations: Tea (leaves) Brew 1 heaped teaspoon to each cup of water, simmered 5 mins. Dose: half a cup. Capsules (tablets) 250mg , 1 to 2 a day.
- Ginkgo Side Effects: Avoid Ginkgo if you are taking MAOI for depression. If you are taking blood thinners, ginkgo enhances the effect so talk to your doctor.